Thursday, December 21, 2006

Merry Christmas!!!!

It's that time of the year again... when we remember and celebrate the birth of Christ... a gift that God gave to Man. And in a similar spirit of giving and showing of our love and concern for our families, friends and loved ones... it's the mad season of shopping for the right present to give!!!

Hahaha... pardon me for starting off in such a serious tone. But really, the malls are packed, the roads leading to Orchard are jammed... for one reason only. Everyone's shopping for last minute presents to give to friends, colleagues and family members.

Over the years, I've noticed that there are some presents that I'd rather not receive:

  • Decorative items - I appreciate the thought of giving... thank you very much. But I would much rather have something practical that I can use. I simply don't know what am I supposed to do with them! My cubicle at work is already cramped with ornaments that colleagues have given to me in the past and sad to say, all they do is sit there and collect dust.

  • Soft toys - thank you once again for the thought... but I've gone beyond the age of being thrilled at receiving a soft toy. Until one fine day when I have my own children, perhaps.

  • Diaries - at the moment, I already have two superior quality leather organisers / diaries on my table and they're going to sit there unused for the whole year unless I pass it on to someone else. Blank notebooks (like the A-Zone type) would be preferred as I like to scribble notes... but my Outlook Express' calendar and mobile phone is more than enough to help me keep track of appointments and dates.

  • Body Shop products / other moisturisers & bath products - well... they can come in useful... only sometimes and rarely. Mainly because I already have certain brands in mind for the products that I would use. As for aroma products... sorry my sinus has been getting from bad to worse with age, so I would rather not try something that may trigger an allergic reaction.

Look, I'm not complaining. Just that I believe in thinking for the person when shopping for a gift. As a receipient, I would rather have something that I can put to use and I would WANT to put into use. Likewise, when I shop for gifts meant for others, I would rather choose something that he/she can use and preferably something that he/she would like. I admit that sometimes the choice is tough... especially when you've known the person for years and you've simply run out of ideas. So I hereby solemnly and sincerely apologise if I've given you something from the list of stuff above... or even for gifts that you have not found a use for... kekekeke

2 comments:

dsnake1 said...

Merry Christmas, kittyn!

(i have a mp3 player for a present, but it's not for christmas.) :)

kittyn said...

merry xmas dsnake1! (belated) and have a wonderful year ahead!!!

and i think i wished you happy bday already when you got your MP3... keekekekeke