Monday, June 05, 2006

Nightmares....

It's been a long time since I remembered any dreams I've had when I sleep, much less a nightmare. Last night, it was one of those rare moments when I have a really bad nightmare. I dreamt that there was this dark presence with a truly evil voice tempting, coaxing, persuading me to give up the struggle, as it tries to engulf and overwhelming me in some evil black blob (for lack of a better word to describe it). The blob was a fog-like swarmp, fluid, like a thick oily liquid and moving fast to trap my legs and one arm within it. I struggled to get free with my other arm but I had nothing to hang on to and my free arm couldn't move.

For some reason I knew it was evil, and while I couldn't hear what the voice was saying, it almost sounded like the devil was talking to me.... threatening me and discouraging me from freeing myself. In my sleep, I began to say a prayer.... and I was sort of "sleep-talking" my prayer. The most amazing thing is everytime I come to the word "God", I could feel myself waking up a bit, in peace, and my mouth mumbling. And you know how some dreams continue themselves, almost like a sequel. And this one did. No sooner did I fall asleep again, the blob tried to swallow me again. Again I mumbled a prayer and got free.

This went on a few times... in fact I remember "praying" myself awake 3 times and the fourth time I fell asleep, the attack came on even stronger than before. It almost felt as though I could feel my whole room filled to the brim with this dark presence and it was threatening to stop me from breathing so I won't mumble and "pray" myself awake again. In a desperate cry for breath, I prayed "save me, God" and I could feel myself gasping for air at the word "God" as I woke up... eyes wide open as I felt a sense of peace and calm decend upon me and spread throughout the room.

Sounds frightening and supernatural I know... but when God gives a reminder call this loud and clear, it just goes to show one thing. I've been backsliding for too long and it's time to return to Him.

1 comment:

lAzy pAnda said...

at least u get "reminder letters"... my "bills" are grossly overdue and i think the reminder letters has ceased -_-"

will i be expecting a "lawyer letter" soon? *faintz*