Monday, July 03, 2006

Sleepy monday...

Arggh... I hate this feeling of medication-induced sleepy lethargy... makes me feel as though I shouldn't be awake when the effect should have worn off in last night's sleep. And the cool weather didn't help... almost makes me feel like shutting my eyes when I was driving. Believe me... the persuasion of heavy eyelids was pretty tough to fight off in the morning drive...

Called up helpdesk last friday due to some msn problems I had... and the episode just made me wish that people would stop to listen and understand what the problem is before rattling off standard answers....

Me: Hi, I've got problems connecting to msn. I understand that the msn server is currently experiencing problems so I can't connect but I've accidentally....

Helpdesk: err.. the msn server is currently down so everyone can't connect.

Me: Yes I know that. I was saying I accidentally installed msn version 7.5. How can I uninstall and have it as version 7.0 again?

Helpdesk: everyone is using msn version 7.0.

Me: (slightly frustrated) Yes I know that. I'm asking how do I uninstall version 7.5 so I can install version 7.0 again?

Helpdesk: you'll have to uninstall version 7.5

Me: (totally lost it) argh... forget it.

Obviously the helpdesk person wasn't using her ears or brain to listen to what I just said. otherwise she wouldn't be repeating everything I just said... sigh,....

2 comments:

lAzy pAnda said...

helpdesk can be soooo helpful....

nowadays such calls are recorded, i would tell her to go listen to herself and see how STUPID she is.... fri is no excuse for her not to bring her brain to work!

kittyn said...

I wouldn't want to piss off my helpdesk people... afterall they do keep a log of my past login records and have remote access to my computer if they so wish to... heh