Thursday, August 10, 2006

where to next??

Just did a mental tally and realised that I've been working for 8 years plus since I graduated. And except tiny breaks where I've gone on mini-holidays to parts of Malaysia, Bangkok, and more recently HK (though it was a company-organised trip), I think I missed having a real, solid break. Thinking that maybe end of the year or some time in Jan-March may be a good time to take a longer break... probably one-week to two-weeks leave and go explore some place that I've been wanting to explore on my own... and of course, put the office phone divert off totally for a good rest.

Destinations I'm thinking of:
1) India - haven't toured the "touristy" places such as Jaipur, Mumbai etc...
2) China - About time to explore Shanghai... after hearing so much about it.
3) HK - again?? but this time spend more time sightseeing than shopping??
4) Australia - haven't visited since my last trip to Sydney 8 years ago..... hmm...

hmm... can't decide really....any suggestions?? If i really have the budget i would go Japan or Korea... but it looks like these two destinations are way over my budget... :P

1 comment:

Oink said...

I think India's a good place.. with the nice scenery and sites to visit. Plus you know the culture there since you have been to some places for your working trip.

I think the differences between the cities would not be that drastic....