Tuesday, August 01, 2006

when is no.... no??

How many times does a person need to tell you "no", before you take "no" for an answer? Once, maybe it doesn't work cos we are taught never to take "no" for an answer. Second time, ok, that should tell you something about their reluctance. After asking a third time and receiving a "no", you can be pretty sure the person is quite firm. Ask another time and don't be surprised or offended if you get your head snapped off.

Demo Scenario:

A: hey, there's still one pork rib left. Don't waste leh... I can't cos I'm full already.

B: I'll take the leftover veg, cos I'm full already. Someone take the rib please.

C: No, thank you. D, you eat leh.

D: No thanks. I'm very full already.

A,B,& C: D, eat leh... Dun waste leh.

D: Since everyone is full, why don't we just leave it. I can't cos I'm full already.

A, B & C: It's such a waste... D, eat lah.

D: I'm really very full and I can't.

A, B & C: It's really nice so dun waste lah... D, eat leh.

D: PLEASE, I already said I'm very full and I can't and you guys are forcing me to eat it? Are you kidding??

Come on... if those people really think it's a waste, eat it themselves lah! Why try to force someone to eat something that they themselves don't want to?? Afterall, if they can have enough room for dessert, one skinny piece of pork rib is not going to make much difference?? DUH!!!

1 comment:

Oink said...

hahaha... so silly.... for those keen to polish off the plate can bring in plastic bag next time and 'ta bao' the rest back... so don't need to push others to finish the leftovers.. hahaha.. furnie