Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Stress management...

What is Stress??? According to the experts, "Stress is the "wear and tear" our bodies experience as we adjust to our continually changing environment; it has physical and emotional effects on us and can create positive or negative feelings. As a positive influence, stress can help compel us to action; it can result in a new awareness and an exciting new perspective. As a negative influence, it can result in feelings of distrust, rejection, anger, and depression, which in turn can lead to health problems such as headaches, upset stomach, rashes, insomnia, ulcers, high blood pressure, heart disease, and stroke."

so am I stressed? oh most definitely. How much stress can one take?? I think it all depends on how well a person can handle stress... I'm a little crazy because I like stress... but only to an extent. I like it because it motivates me to get things done, motivates me to think. There was a time when I was just doing mundane work and nothing else, before I took the decision to study. I felt so dead in the brain that I was craving for new things to stimulate the thinking process every moment.

And nowadays, even though I get a lot more stress from handling both work and study, I felt good because I was motivated to think on my feet, make decisions that I've never done before and really prioritise what is important in my life. Getting my masters, performing well at work is... shopping can be postponed... things like that.

I desperately need a "stress" bomb shelter...

1 comment:

lAzy pAnda said...

stress management... hmm... i have someone in mind tat desperately needed to learn tat....

frankly i think u r doing pretty well for the amt of stuff u're juggling with.... just rem, BREATHE!!! :P