Tuesday, October 31, 2006

In need of rest...

Have you ever had the feeling that you just want to disappear and fade away? No... not in the suicidal or morbid sense. But just that you are so thoroughly exhausted in your mind and physically that you wish for once, you can just go away for a period of time, without a care in the world?

Life has its many demands and as one spends years working to make ends meet, the burden on our shoulders get heavier and heavier. The family needs your attention, your work requires it, sometimes even your personal life with friends and partners. And Man's resources are so limited. There's no way we can shoulder on all the cares the world lays on us without feeling depletion and exhaustion at some point.

And that is me at the moment. I'm feeling thoroughtly drained... physically and mentally. If I were a sponge, I would be one that is so dried up that I'm hard as a rock yet brittle at the single shake. After working for 8 years, with the exception of short weekend breaks to nearby countries, I haven't really rested. I think I've reached my breaking point... to an extent. A longer break of a couple of months seem like a luxury... but at this point, more like a neccessity to me. Not just some holiday somewhere with a partner. I'm actually looking forward to being a total hermit for that period, if I can. Basically, I need some time to rest... and to be entirely on my own so I can find myself again.

2 comments:

dsnake1 said...

hehe, you need a break!

Medusa aka expiringpoet said...

how about some lonely island near phuket? Phi Phi is heavenly and not so expensive. Just an hour or two on some quiet beach there will make a dry sponge feel like new again :)

Good luck!