Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Ramblings of a style-less slob

Ooh... I love those clothes, shoes, accessories, bags... everything that Anne Hathaway was wearing in The Devil Wears Prada... and of course not to mention, that seemingly limitless supply of branded stuff available in The Closet. The show was most definitely a girls-night-out show... terribly fun for girlfriends to watch together and go ga-ga over the fantastic labels.

Meryl Streep was BRILLIANT!!!! She is undoubtedly the greatest actress alive. With minimalist subtlety, she has made the character Miranda Priestly entirely her own. Now I simply can't imagine another version of Miranda Priestly... and credit must go to Meryl Streep for making the movie so much more 3-dimensional and believable than the book. (After reading the book, I just felt sick and tired of a bitch whining and complaining non-stop about a 2-D caricature of a superbitch.)

One downside about watching the show though.... After coming out from the movie theatre, one look at my reflection in the ladies' washroom mirror made me feel I'm an entirely style-less, ugly slob!!! Good grieve... what am I wearing? It's so plain, so dull... and everything in my reflection tells me that I look like Andrea when she first reported for work at Runway! Horrors!!!

Heh... the feeling was temporary as I am still "recovering" from the "high" experienced watching that movie...as piggy has said. But at the same time, it made me so much more conscious of what I'm wearing and things like accessorizing my outfit. Was walking around in Tiong Bahru with piggy and panda yesterday and we just can't help noticing the different necklaces, bags and shoes on display at the shops. How I wish I can have access to the Closet where I can just pick out what I want.... *dreamy*

2 comments:

Oink said...

hahaha... i totally agree with you... feels like what are those in my wardrobe!!!???? RAGS!!!???

But then again... that Closet i will not be able to afford... so I shall stick to my rags for now...

lAzy pAnda said...

well i have the plainest wardrobe lor.. mainly black... and it doesnt' help that i dun wear accessories either! wahahahaa.....

wonder if can find ppl to sponsor my a new wardrobe :P