Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Morbid but fun...

I know it's rather late to rave about it but pardon me for not catching the movie when it was in the theatres. Anyway, I just saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on vcd and I thought Tim Burton was brilliant!! He not only injected his style into the movie, but I thought he brought out the morbidity of Roald Dahl's characteristic style so well!! The oompa-loompas are extremely disturbing I find... which was pretty much what Roald Dahl wanted to accomplish...

And Johnny Depp was excellent as Willy Wonka,... keke... A pity though that the movie has to cater to the mass market... and hence nobody really died in the show. If i remember the book correctly, I thought Violet got so round and fat with juice that she burst... heh....

1 comment:

Oink said...

hahhaha... ya she did.... for mass market only the exciting parts are shown.. the rest of the details are more or less left out... plus muz cater to Kids watching too ma.. so cannot be violent..... sigh....