Thursday, November 17, 2005

I want my life back...

Ever since I started working, it felt like an endless struggle to earn enough so that I can save some for rainy days. But somehow in my world, the rain doesn't seem to stop. Somehow or other, once I've accumulated some savings, a big ticket item will come along and I'm back to square one of struggling. And I wish my mom will stop asking for more money every single time. I don't have money to give her... not any more than what I can give now. Why wouldn't my parents believe me when I say I have none to spare??

I seldom shop... only recently because I realised that most of my working clothes are 2 years old and wearing out. I've got my own bills to pay e.g. phone, internet, insurance... and on top of that I've got to pay for my dad's car - insurance, servicing, road tax, car park. And my mom's medical bills etc. My yearly increment can't beat the yearly inflation rates and my dad recently decided to stop paying housekeeping. Fortunately my brother also contributed and paid what he can... but mom, please stop asking me for more money. Please stop buying 4D so that you can at least have a few $10 notes spare for the month. Please stop buying large quantities of food that no one can finish because we don't eat at home that often, so no point letting it go to waste. Please try not to tailor clothes at $200 a piece. I really can't afford it. And Dad, please think twice about changing cars because I have no money to help you support it. Let's just be satisfied with what we already have and live simply so that at the very least, I can save some for rainy storms. At the very least, I will have a life back... instead of being a slave to money.

5 comments:

Oink said...

Hugz....

I understand what you are going through.... the never-ending wants of your whole world but you.
I guess sometimes they just don't feel as much for the struggles you face the same way as you...

Cheer up... Things will get better soon... at least that's what I've been telling myself...

lAzy pAnda said...

yes we should take care of our parents.... but a line should be draw between demanding filial piety and extravagance....

*pat pat* look at the bright side: at least u dun have extra "set" of parents to deal with :P

Cold Cut Ten said...

It's difficult to break free from parents' expectations. Sounds like they might have a false picture of exactly how you are doing. Maybe they forget there are so many more things to pay for nowadays and everything is more expensive. Hope they come to realise how hard you work.

dsnake1 said...

kittyn,
you worked so hard, you must also spare a thought for yourself.
Save for a rainy day, yes, but also pamper yourself once a while.
Be happy. :)

(sorry, if i sound a bit flippant)

Anonymous said...

It isn't easy to provide what others always want of us. But it isn't easy to "try to take it easy" as well.

Find a solution to ur problems. I'm sure u can..

No point of me telling u to cheer up cos ultimately, it's urself who decides who u want to be.

Take gd care of urself and I'll pray for u.