Monday, April 11, 2005

I'm so glad... :D

I'm so glad.. finally managed to "see" my good friend online and chat with her over msn... chatted till 2 am on thursday night because it's been so long since we had a good chat...

When she was in Singapore before, some misunderstandings and "mixed company" of friends she had seemed to have raised a wall between us... she hardly spoke to me and wouldn't tell me things cos she knew I wouldn't approve. Guess we have known each other too well... I could almost tell what her reaction would be, or what she was thinking without her having to tell me. And in a way she could too.. and cos she was going through a rough patch then, I guess she didn't really feel like talking to me....

But thursday's chat was great. Sounds like ever since she started working in Qatar and be on her own, she'd had time to be herself, away from all the temptations and chaos. In a way, she has sobered so much... now she's thinking only of trying to spend more time with her parents, appreciating those around her who love her... and truly finding and being herself. I'm so glad for this and I really thank God for seeing her through... helping her to find herself. As a friend, it hurt to see her "hurting" herself and falling down a vicious spiral so when I saw her say all that, it was really a relief...

and she has begun talking to me again, like how it was between us before she got "lost". I really appreciate that and I thank God for the limitless patience... that despite how many times I've been discouraged by her, I've decided to hang on and continue to be there... to be her friend. I also thank God for His mercy... for He has taught us to be forgiving... for she has been forgiving of my faults too... I'm not perfect.. neither of us are but I sure am glad that God meant for us to stay true friends... I am so glad...

Really looking forward to her coming back here for holiday and spending some quality time catching up... :D

1 comment:

lAzy pAnda said...

i'm really glad too.... saw ur friendship turn "cold" and now it's warming up again! yippee!! :D