Monday, April 11, 2005

dream career

Just saw a wonderful episode of The West Wing... they did it like it's a "live" inside story of how the president's press secretary works. Now that is what I call a great career... it's something like what I would like to do... to be the gatekeeper of information, yet empowered to give the truth when necessary. It really takes an intelligent and calm head to think and make decisions like that, especially when the things at stake is equivalent to national interest depending on what and how information is relayed to the press... the respect the press members give to a credible media spokesperson... wow.

Yeah I know it's fiction... but it was extremely well-scripted and well-acted. For those who are less skeptical, it probably looks like a real day in the white house but remembering what I learned about entertainment, well, that is entertainment. And if I read a little deeper into it, it probably had public education and persuasion in its agenda... in other words, propaganda or some sort of consipracy theory...

I don't know if that is the kind of stress I can live with... ... but I guess what draws me is the empowerment. The ability to make decisions... to go along with the decisions I make and have people carry it through... ah yes I'm ambitious...

No comments: